We practice Shotokan karate . Our dojo is part of the Elmarie van Zyl Karate group and is also affiliated to Shotokan-ZA.
Our qualified instructors are able to teach beginners as well as advanced students. Our students start as young as 4 years old.
We dedicate ourselves to provide the highest quality training, based on fundamentals of the traditional masters, so that all our members may reach their full potential in practicing karate.
We commit ourselves to practising karate according to the five basic principles of Shotokan, namely that of Character; Sincerity; Effort; Etiquette and Self-control.
Through Shotokan-ZA we are able to give our students the opportunity to take part in local, national and international competitions.
Benefits of Martial Arts, specifically Karate:
- Improve your physical and mental health.
- Build self-esteem and strengthen self-confidence.
- Improve academic and work performance by raising your level of energy, focus and concentration.
- Improve cardiovascular health and reflexes.
- The whole family can participate.
Through Shotokan-ZA, we are also affiliated to the World United Karate Federation (WUKF).